Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1/2/2010 - Private School, Pirate Movie, Porky's


Private School - This was a solid 80's sex comedy. Starring Phoebe Cates and Mathew Modine, the plot is minimal and has something to do with a Private School. It features an enormous number of boobs beginning right at the opening credits, which is always the sign of a good movie. Other key points are guys in drag, a shitty school dance, and Ray Walston as a chauffeur whose Rolls Royce ends up in a swimming pool. This is a serviceable film.



After private school I tried to switch things up a little with The Pirate Movie. Sweet fucking Christ what an atrocity! I thought it would be more of a "so bad its good" affair, but it's just awful. Christy McNichol and Christopher Atkins star in a Pirate musical that never quite reaches the high level of showmanship that one might expect from a high school play. Horrible! We had to kill this one about 10-15mins in. Bad.


I thought that we would return to the boob theme with Porky's. This is another movie that I can't believe I had never seen before. When I was in grade school this was the holy grail of dirty movies. I had heard great stories of boobs and butts and shenanigans. I have even read reviews online heralding this as the greatest T&A 80's film ever, so I had high hopes. As it turns out, this movie sucks. It is unfunny, has a vague plot (guys are horny, get thrown out of strip club, wreck strip club) and barely any boobs at all. It succeeds on no levels. Private School was 100 times better and even that wasn't all that great. Total letdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment